Cranberries and zucchini? In coleslaw?! Yes! Though this combination sounds strange, the combination is a definite winner. This non-mayo slaw balances sweet dried cranberries and crunchy sunflower seeds with savory cabbage, zucchini, and carrots; creating a colorful and nutrient-packed side that will please just about any crowd.
Take a foray into the wild-side of coleslaw
- 2 cups shredded cabbage (about ⅓ a head)
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (about 3 zucchinis)
- 3 carrots, shredded
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup sunflower seeds
- 3 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp sugar (optional)
- ½ tsp dried dill
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ⅛ tsp cumin
- In a large bowl, mix together shredded cabbage, zucchini, carrots, and dried cranberries.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cider vinegar, olive oil, sugar, dill, salt, pepper, and cumin.
- Drizzle the vinegrette mixture onto the shredded veggies and mix well. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- For best results, let sit for at least one hour prior to serving to allow flavors to blend.
- Mix in sunflower seeds just before serving.